Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday 25 November 2012

Street Fair

Had a wonderful day yesterday at the Whitehead Victorian Street Fair, such an lovely atmosphere with the townfolk, stall holders and retailers in their finest Victorian garb. The crowds arrived in their hundreds and the hustle and bustle of the activities, including fire eaters, penny farthing cyclist and a hog roast were spectacular.

This was the fourth year of the Fair and I have had a stall at all of them but never before managed to sneak out and wander around - the atmosphere was amazing - the day finished with a carol service, switching on of the tree lights and last but not least fireworks at the seafront. Just wonderful - now it really feels like Christmas!



 
On a grubbier note (bear with me), now that I'm in a Christmassey mood, I decided to decorate the house earlier this year, rather tacky I know....not the done thing dahling.... but I am looking for inspiration for my wreaths and garlands, so I forced myself to go under the eaves, banged my head a few times and trailed out all of the boxes. That's as far as I've got - do you know why? - this happens every year - I realise that I should really clean the house first - garlands mingling with cobwebs not such a good look - I don't spring clean in Spring - in fact, I don't clean normally but, for some reason, I tend to come over all house proud at Christmas....I suppose it's because I know we will have visitors although that's the good thing about having the oldies to stay - the older they get, the less they can see. Even so I really have to clean/dust/scrub first and I'm just putting it off - I would rather be out in the garden - give me a few days and hopefully I'll get my act together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day