Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday 13 November 2012

I wish, I wish

I wish, I wish....don't we all, but I wish I could be one of those people who calmly works through their chores, concentrating on completing one task before starting another, not getting distracted. I do try, I make a list and try to stick to it but I always get waylaid, another idea comes into my head or I see something in one of my old Country Living magazines (I have 12 years worth and each month, I bring out all of the past 12 years' issues for that month - any wonder I get distracted) and I just go off on a tangent. At the end of the day, I have all of these bits and bobs started, scattered all over the house. I suppose I get it all done in the end but I don't make it easy for myself.....or the rest of the family who have to trip over everything.
 
 
What did I do today? Went over to the barn - had finally gotten around to painting the corrugated metal wall and the interior timber so I had to put back my big flowery panels. I also ordered recycled polythene to keep the wind out but had the wrong staples for the staple gun - that's now sorted. I have managed to get hold of some more second hand double glazed windows to let more light in. It seems to be never ending but once done, it's done. Can't wait to have it finished and blinged up for Christmas - haven't yet thought how.
 
 
 
 
This afternoon, I washed and dried more pine cones over the Aga, harvested some pussy willow and dogwood and made some more willow hearts. I love fresh pussy willow - it smells beautiful, and when you force off the pussy covers, it is so white and silky smooth although it puffs out pretty quickly.
 
Am hoping tomorrow for a more productive day. Fingers crossed! x 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day