Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday 2 June 2012

Almost There


What a week. From drought to deluge and the garden has gone into overdrive. Unfortunately the weeds are top of the league for speed and vigour. Mind you the flowers are loving it too. The Horse Shoe meadow looks fab... lots of red clover, meadow buttercup and camassia, the ladysmock look almost like orchids with little double flowers. (Must take photos).

Have been down at Kilcoan for at least 14 hours a day but it still doesn't feel like work....I used to read about other people doing similar jobs and think that they were stretching the truth when talking about the hours they put in. Now I know....weeding until 11pm - it's amazing how your eyes adjust to the fading light. All because I have my first cut flower workshop tomorrow. The barn is almost ready, the garden is almost tidy but I'm a flaffer and spend all day getting distracted... in the middle of one thing, I start another and then get waylaid. Surely I accomplish less than someone who sticks to the one task. I need to go make a list of tasks for the morning (and stick to it!) and then get a good night's sleep. Promise lots of pics tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day