Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday 25 June 2012

Ups and Downs

Ups..... have finally got the better of the veg garden...restaked the peas and beans blown over from the gales, and planted out some yellow mangetout that were started in the tunnel. Cleared all weeds, have never known the like.........the high rainfall and muggy weather...you can almost watch them grow..literally. Sowed more carrots (Autumn King & Nantes), beetroot (Bolivar), spinach (Matador) and some "cut and come again" lettuce - they will all hopefully grow as fast as the weeds.

The brassicas are loving the cool, wet weather  - they're romping away...(would have shown pic but can't find my phone lead - typical). I just need to stake the brussel sprouts..am also trying the purple "Rubine" ones this year...can't believe I'm getting excited about brussel sprouts! When I tell the kids that some day they'll love them too they just look at me with disgust but I really do love my veg these days and yet as a child I ate nothing but a few carrots. Luckily the kids like almost all veg except sprouts and turnips.

Downs....the flower garden is still in chaos - the beds are still bedraggled from the woeful weather and the weeds worse than ever. Manana manana.


Flowers leftover from the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day