Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday 10 June 2012

Fabulous Fast Food

I love good food....I usually like to stick to my recipe books when cooking. I don't see the point in making things up when there are some fabulous books out there such as Falling Cloudberries and I do love Jamie...he keeps things simple and is easy to follow.....casual but so tasty. Yet I've never been able to find a burger recipe with the wow factor....alot of them are just too boring so I've been experimenting and think I've found the perfect mix. Delish!


Finely chop an onion and add to 1lb of good quality organic mince with a big squeeze of both garlic & tomato puree, a good dollop of both dijon & anchovy essence (great store cupboard ingredient that keeps forever), a plentiful splash of worcestershire sauce, generous sprinkles of both dried thyme & chilli flakes then LOTS of black pepper. Mix & bind together with a beaten egg, press into a burger shape, don't even bother to chill in the fridge, to set, as some recipes suggest as they don't need it. Fry in a very `ot pan (Jean Christophe Novelli) or the floor of the Aga, both sides then serve to your liking. (My liking involves mature cheddar, raw onion & tomato ketchup in a toasted floury bap from the local bakers....lekker lekker).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day