Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday 14 June 2012

A Good Day

What a great day in the garden. Weather was lovely...far better than forecast. I feel that I've been sinking rather swimming - just can't get on top of my "to do" list. Other things always seem to get in the way of actual gardening.

Today I finally planted out the last of the plants that just weren't ready or just got left behind in the tunnel.....more snapdragons, physalis (chinese gooseberry) bells of ireland. In the veg garden...celeriac, yellow mangetout, more climbing french beans and the last of the pumpkins.

My tomatoes were a disaster. Sown too early and then with the cold spring they were kept inside the house for too long - I ended up with leggy pathetic plants so I was delighted to be given a surplus of super healthy baby plants from a fellow gardener....gardeners are so generous! Now I've got Ailsa Craig, Gardeners Delight, Moneymaker & Tigrella. I have a few of my own planted (Costoluto Fiorentino) but don't know if they'll thrive or not.

The perennial beds are really filling out...in fact some plants are too close together and will need moved...always the way. Lots of flowers for picking.


Valerian, catmint, astrantia, alliums, linaria (Pink Birds & Canon J Went), hesperis, feverfew, applemint, lemon balm, tarragon, single flowered gyp (Covent Garden White) & rosa Graham Thomas. Who said less is more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day