Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday 1 April 2013

Springing Ahead

Decided to start sowing more seeds today, fed up waiting for better weather. When the sun is out, the tunnel warms up nicely.

I sowed:

White & Blue Larkspur
Alchemilla Robustica
Sidalcea Party Girl
Eupatorium Purpureum

(All had been in the freezer for 2 weeks - next year, I will autumn sow).

Also sowed lupins Pink Fairy & Sunrise, pink gypsophila & yellow toadflax.



Lupin Pink Fairy - the bees love it and it flowered until Christmas last year.


This is only a small start but hopefully, the weather will improve day by day.

I had a walk around the garden, not very uplifting but plants are doing their best, I think in nature, things always catch up....fingers crossed. I want to move quite a few self sown seedlings but it's so dry with the relentless easterly wind, I would have to water and then as it's so cold overnight....mmm decisions. 

Oh how we take for granted our mild damp climate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day