Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday 19 April 2013

Spring!

What a beautiful day! Sunshine, no rain and very little wind. It's amazing how quickly we forget the  bad weather.

I spent most of the morning in the tunnel, sowed cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, turnip (all in modules) and, in the flower department, cosmos Daydream, gypsophila pacifica, achillea siberica Love Parade (I'm excited about this one - will keep you posted) ageratum Dondo White, amaranthus, asparagus pseudoscaber spitzenschleiers (try saying that after a glass of wine), sunflower Velvet Queen & Moonshine. 

The lovely hubbie was helping today - a proper (albeit narrow) border was dug along the pink wall (cranberry portage according to the tin), at the feet of the  pear and cherry trees. I want to try nerines and agapanthus here - it is so warm and sheltered.

I planted up a large gap in the south facing border in the orchard beneath the rambling roses - we had split a large clump of lythrum in January. Home grown achillea, lupins, verbascum, sidalcea and lavender, and bare root bought (from the wonderful Peter Nyssen) nepeta Walkers Low, salvia nemorosa Caradonna and verbascum Pink Domino - hopefully will flourish - it's pretty dry there.

Finally I started to move my herbal foliage (for bouquets) to the long bed - applemint, lemon balm, curly tansy - still have to move russian tarragon, artemisia and more mint - does anyone ever win a fight with a thug - I am bravely reassuring myself that I will keep the mint in check - is this possible?....Still, I do like a challenge.


Flowers, finally flowers! 


Have a good weekend! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day