Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Onwards and Upwards

Another lovely day, at last, the sun shone although the air is still cool with the north easterly breeze.   Planted eucalyptus plugs that should have gone in ages ago (too wet or cold before now) and cleared the narrow border along the picket fence.

The new long bed (such a poetic description) in the cutting garden is being revamped already - the chrysanths were a disaster...too windy so I'm lifting them and heeling in for a rethink. I'm going to use this bed for all of my herbal foliage as I need lots more for summer hand ties - applemint, lemonbalm, artemisia, russian tarragon, curly tansy, cuddly toy .....can you think of anything else? Always looking for new foliage plants. I'm going to try and sink dividers between each section of foliage as they are all thugs but I'm not sure which thug is the thuggiest and may take over.

Quite a few bees buzzing about but think they were all queens busy getting their nests ready - they love the muscari, hellebores and viburnum tinus.

A few good days certainly lifts the spirits...onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day