Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Getting On

The cold spell has ended at last, we have had heavy rain (welcome) and severe gales (not so welcome). It's great to see everything finally starting to grow. Have been able to move lots of plants  and potted on perennials for selling, such as sidalcea, astrantia and campanula. 

I also potted on some early sown clary sage and finally got around to sowing my peas & beans (broad, french & runner). 

The ranunculus in the polytunnel are starting to flower at last and things are looking up in the garden. Finished weeding the autumn bed (thought it was finished last week but I missed a whole bit - I hate that!) and the herb garden - the curly tansy has spread well - makes a lovely foliage filler for bouquets. I have never seen so many ladybirds  - they're all over the garden, in all areas - what does this mean? Surely, it's a good sign.

Have been struggling to plant the north facing bank along the lane - it's a lot longer than I thought. I managed to steal bits and pieces from elsewhere and have planted lots of sweet woodruff, aquilegia,     feverfew (may not flower but nice foliage), lady's mantle, primrose and muscari. Also want to move some lily of the valley, it has thrived in its original position but is now completely hidden by large shrubs.


More seeds to sow now that it's warmed up a bit - I can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day