Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday 9 December 2012

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas

 
On Monday, we bought our Christmas tree and I can't believe how expensive they are now - the Noble Fir were £60! For the first time, I opted for a cheaper Lodgepole Pine at only £40, which is the bottle brush one....but because it had been pruned, it has a lovely full shape and fills the room with a lovely pine scent. I recently ordered lots of different conifers, bare root, to come from Co Cork so I think I will choose a nice one and keep it in a pot to bring in at Christmas - our house is so cold it should be fine. (I am sitting writing this with my salopettes on - is that sad?)
 
We are going to buy a wood burning stove in the new year - that's for another post - it is so complicated - we have spent months researching the best ones as we want a boiler one that will heat the house and I know it will take an awful lot of wood but if the wood is well seasoned and the right type (ash, hawthorn, oak) it should be fine. Sorry....I digress.
 
We also finally put up the decorations on Monday  - I love it...it just makes the house feel so cosy - I hate taking them down, everything seems so bare and stark.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day