Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday 25 August 2012

Fantastic Fish Pie

Pie seems more of a winter dish but what with the woeful weather, I've been craving hearty meals...roasts, pies, casseroles etc. Our fish pie has evolved, like many recipes, to the point where it barely resembles the original which, by the way, is blooming lovely too....you can find it here. I never have cream in the house so started making a bechamel sauce instead (with english mustard & lemon juice so not really a bechamel :{)
 
Simply boil a few eggs & potatoes, chop your raw fish into the bottom of the pie dish...whatever you fancy - our lovely fish man comes on a Thursday....I just pick whatever looks good  that day...mixture of white & oily or white & smoked.
 
 
Next add some chopped parsley and veg...at the mo we have a glut of peas & tenderstem broccoli - they work great. Add your boiled egg, cut into wedges, pour over your sauce and top with potatoes either mashed or sliced (if, like ours, they're too waxy to mash).
 
 
 
Stick in the oven for about 25 mins and voila....a complete meal all in one dish! I wouldn't make a very good food blogger (flogger?) cos as per usual, I can't find the after photo (I'm running around with 2 camera cards, my old phone which I swapped with my hubby for his nice new iphone, and I can't find it anywhere.)

Horse it into ya Cynthia, for you're the girl for me,  ;{) (smiley man with moustache).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day