Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday 30 August 2012

Better Day Today

Am feeling happier after a sunnier and productive day in the garden, although I hear tomorrow is to be horrendous again....good day, bad day.

 
We have lots of lovely foxglove seedlings coming on well....Sutton's Apricot, Pam's Split, Candy Mountain, Summer King and the plain white alba - I can't wait to see them in the spring together with our new biennials for this year - cynoglossum amabile (chinese forget me not) and verbascum phoenicum Antique Rose.
 
Potted on rooted cuttings of rosemary and dug up my patch of comfrey to move to a more suitable spot.....ended up dividing it into about ten new plants. I've planted them beneath my pears and cherries as I've read that they put down a deep tap root which extracts the rich minerals from deep in the soil and brings them up to feed the fruit trees. You can't have enough comfrey - for mulching -"chop and drop" as they say across the pond (found this on my fave new website - www.permies.com - haven't had time to look at it in detail but there seems to be lots of great advice). Also perfect for making your own comfrey fertiliser - I will be giving a demo on my Wildlife Gardening Course on Saturday 22nd September (plug plug)! Details on our website here !




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day