Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday 3 April 2014

Weeding Vows

I vow to eradicate every last creeping buttercup, dandelion, hairy bittercress & docken from every single inch of our 4 acre garden. Me, myself, on my own.....what am I thinking - my hands have seized and my arms and shoulders are aching. Heavy clay, that's the problem and where I have added lots of grit, the weeds put up far less of a fight to come out. We add tonnes of the stuff every year but it's never enough.

I vow to hoe on a regular basis - how long d'you think that'll last? If only I were more of an organised, disciplined person.

On a less depressing note, the weather has been mild (albeit too wet) and the plants are coming along nicely...as are the weeds.....enough moaning Cherry.....feeling like a cranky old lady these past few weeks.

The new autumn beds needs lots more plants. So far, we have just moved bits of other things - anthemis, crocosmia, daylilies, salvia nemorosa but there are lots of gaps.


The old autumn bed (above) has been weeded, the sedum removed (too wet & rich for it) the river lilies & asters lifted and divided but it still needs more structure and repeat planting. That's the thing with gardening - you're never done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day