Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday 21 February 2013

Spoke Too Soon

Of course I had to rave about the weather - what a difference a day makes....the beast from the east has hit the Island big time. The coldest I've been all winter - full thermal skiwear and I'm still foundered. Am sitting now, at 10pm still in full thermals, still haven't warmed up. A wee glass of Pinot Noir should set me right - what with the kids being off school and all that, sort of feels like the hols.

Anyway, today we had a semi makeover in the shady garden - we want less grass more bed - the grass never looks good - too mossy. The circular bed which I posted about last month is in the centre but all around the edge is too green - all foliage. So today we lined it out with hosepipe, turned over the turf, laid grit and then our own compost.







I'm skint as a flint so the plants with have to come from other parts of the garden - self sowers and perennials that need dividing. I would like to keep the north side (facing south) white or at least pale - will plant 3 pale fuschia & 1 spiraea from B&Q - in 2 litre pots reduced from £6 to £1.50 - lucky me that they don't teach their staff that a deciduous shrub is resting in winter, not dead. Also have white lupin, oriental poppy, phlox, catmint (all white) that need moved, and then the usual thugs - white toadflax, hesperis, foxglove & ladys mantle. Bob's your uncle - will post the finished result - I promise (I owe a lot of finished results to this blog - they better work - no pressure then).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day