Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Mr Blue Sky

I'm loving this settled high front - OK.... could do with some rain (dare I say it) some day soon but, for the time being, this is wonderful. I walked to work today with the dog, worth it for the view alone.




Finished clearing the four main perennial beds - my right hand just doesn't even want to type - hundreds of creeping buttercup forcefully extracted from our heavy clay - of course they'll come back, especially with me using our own compost to mulch the beds as it's full of weeds no matter how strict we try to be.

First queen bee of the season - landed on my pink jumper - it was so big and noisy that I was able to follow it from one end of the garden to the other, where it landed on a crocus in the orchard to feed. I can't wait for their return...the garden seems so quiet without them.



The flower field got its first grass cut of the season - suddenly seems so tidy and lush - ironically this part of the garden has the lushest sward whereas the ornamental main garden has pretty poor grass.




Tomorrow I really need to finish sorting the tunnel - I haven't even started sowing seeds although I suppose it's early enough - the good weather lulls us into a false sense of spring - dear only knows what's around the corner weather wise - let's hope for a good year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day