Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday 31 May 2015

May Summer Begin Now

It seems, when I look back at my blog, that I'm obsessed with the weather but then, what gardener isn't?

I'll keep it brief....average temperature of 8'C, a frost the like of which we haven't seen on our peninsula in living memory, frequent hail stones and now severe gales forecast for the next two days. 

We are opening our garden for the National Trust UGS next weekend so you may understand my frustration. June is our busiest month for visitors and after all of our planning and prep, I just want the garden to look its best.

OK so enough moaning, on the positive side, the trees are growing well, the yellow rattle has germinated well in the new meadow area and last year's newly planted areas are starting to take shape.

And I'm happy cos that's what we gardeners are - apparently we are the happiest profession in the UK. (Bankers are the most miserable...nuff said.)

Here's hoping for a wonderful June!


The front garden filling out.


Persicaria Superba, a thuggish but useful plant at this time of year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day