Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday 17 May 2015

Chelsea Week

Isn't it so exciting? It's Chelsea time and I'm dying to see all of this year's trends / designs. A sneek peek this evening hinted towards the natural look staying very much on trend, which I love of course.

Back at Kilcoan Gardens, things are still slow. We had a lovely workshop on Saturday with 11 amazing girls.....and the sun shone!! It's to warm up this week so here's wishing for some surging forth of plants as we are opening this year for the National Trust Ulster Garden Scheme on 6th & 7th June and I'm so hoping for a great display.

We are still very busy potting on, hardening off and planting out but this week should complete the bulk of the work...just in time for the whole process to start over again with the biennials - I'm determined this year to do a better job of filling the current hungry gap with more honesty, wallflowers and hesperis. 

The veg garden is woefully behind as always, just not enough hours in the day and it always get put to the bottom of the "to do" list....I need a wee retired grandpa to come in and take it over....any takers anyone?! Tomorrow's priority will be the veg - planting out brassicas, direct sowing carrot, parsnip, beetroot and anything else I can think of. The peas & beans are almost hardened off so that they can go out at the end of the week.

What else, what else.....I need to make a new list! 


Polemonium looking lovely in the cottage garden.


The orchard with geum rivale, camassias & Pheasant's Eye narcissus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day