Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday 1 June 2013

Happiness

The first day of summer, the weather has improved, in an Irish way, as there are still frequent showers, but then that's why we live within the greenest green...we take it for granted I suppose. 

Day by day, I can see the garden change. It's irresistable, every plant is full of promise. There is a fresh lushness with such vibrant colours that I wish we could slow the ascent to summer solstice. 



There is the novelty of new shady areas which were never planted up before. I now love shade loving plants...tellima, solomon seal, galium odoratum, epimediums, smilacena racemosa, the list is ever expanding.

On a more flowery note, I had my first decent harvest of flowers this week - for bouquets and a wedding - we are a month behind which was slightly stressful but, at the last minute, the plants came up trumps and I was able to harvest more than 500 stems.....mainly alliums, honesty, hesperis, nepeta, aquilegias...things..can only get better.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day