Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Flower Choices

I've been planning and pondering over my cut flower plants for 2013 and, as always, I'm torn between trying out some new varieties that look exciting and sticking to the good old reliable stalwarts.

On the perennial front, very few people seem to want the hot colours - heleniums, crocosmias etc in red, orange, yellow tones so I'm going to dig out all of the hot stuff and move it to the new prairie bed, but I can't do this until say end Feb / early March depending on the weather. This will make room for the more popular colours - pinks, lilacs, blues and whites.



Catmint, Centranthus & Toadflax are all reliable perennials & make great cut flowers.

I've already sown some annuals in the autumn, to give them a head start - cornflowers, larkspur, ammi, gypsophila, nigella, salvia & the annual lupin.



Pink cosmos, achillea & applemint.


Ammi, snapdragons, feverfew & pink dahlia - all worth growing and do well in our wet climate - here's hoping for a drier summer.

Btw ....it's raining cats and dogs yet again :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day