Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday 16 September 2012

Winding Down

Just relaxing after a hectic week preparing flowers for a lovely bride and groom.

Pre wedding chaos in the barn...promise..more pics to follow.
 
Can certainly feel the garden winding down and the poor bees are starting to look rather bedraggled. I hate that they have such a short lifespan.


Plenty of annuals still doing their stuff - the cosmos and snapdragons are flowering abundantly, as long as I keep deadheading they should flower for a while longer (providing the gales hold off). The bees are especially loving the sedum and verbena flowers but also the single dahlias and cosmos.


 
I love the warmer colours at this time of year - my favourite of the moment - crocosmia "Honey Angels"...a beautiful soft buttery yellow. I'm looking forward to spending a week in the garden...just me and the dog - will keep you informed of our "progress"! x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day