Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Back in The Saddle

Happy New Year to all and sundry.

Christmas passed by at such a frenzied pace, I'm only now recovering. And I kind of lost my gardening mojo.......lots of workshops and wreaths which was wonderful but the garden & polytunnel were certainly neglected.

It's hard to believe but just a few days with my hands back in the soil (between the woeful weather) and I'm feeling my inner joie de vivre.

The raised annual cut flower beds have been cleared and I've started clearing the perennial beds.

So much still to do before spring...there are roses to be moved and pruned, perennials to be split, a pond to be dug and planted, beds to be cleared, a butterfly walk to be finished, paths to be renewed, fences to be painted. DO you remember the Mr Lazy book? Who were his imposters....Mr Busy and Mr Bustle...well, I could do with them!

That said, do you think if (the old cliche) you won the lottery tomorrow, you would really want to pay someone else to do it all for you.  I think that half the fun/drive/addiction is the fact that you have such a sense of achievement from being at the centre of it all and I do truly think that working outdoors with plants and soil, gives you the best buzz in the world!

Along the road needs strimmed, cleared and planted.....stop now Cherry....get to bed.

A pic to keep us all going 'til Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day