Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday 10 November 2013

May Your Days

Be merry and bright. Can it really be that time of year? Yikes! (As Shaggy would say).

So much to do, so much to do.........am too busy sitting in front of my lovely wood burning stove, drinking wine and watching Game of Thrones (only 2 episodes left til end of series 3 - boohoo).

I have harvested my pussy willow and seedheads. The berries are very early this year and so I'm worried that the birds will have eaten them all by Christmas.

This week I need to: pot up paperwhites, dry orange slices, make willow hearts and cone garlands, collect alder cones, gather moss and paint birch branches  - I love this time of year, just wish that I was better organised. A leopard never changes etc....

On the garden front, we moved daylilies from the cottage garden where they had outgrown their space and moved them up the field - to the prairie and laneside. We also planted lots of camassia bulbs in the orchard - they seem to thrive on our heavy, damp clay soil and bulk up well.


The willow arch got a hair cut this week.



The river lilies are flowering their little hearts out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day