Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday 18 July 2013

And The Heat Goes On...And On

I'm such a moan....still hoping for rain - not a drop has fallen on the garden for exactly two weeks today...it doesn't seem an awfully long time but the intense heat and the fact that I have planted so many new beds and plants everywhere is a bit of a nuisance.

Our cottage garden sits beneath the mature ash trees so that with any prolonged dry spell, they suck every drop of moisture from the earth. I suppose I should be grateful that we still have ash trees...for now.

The roses are loving the constant sunshine and are flowering better than ever before. This evening, the sea mist has rolled in which makes a refreshing change...can plants eat mist? I wish!



Rosa damascena Ispahan - a wonderful, easy to grow, old rose and although once flowering, it flowers over a long period of time. This one faces east and so doesn't get much sun but still flowers its socks off.


A jugful of old roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day