Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday 4 March 2013

A Planting We Go

Still so much to plant - too soon for annuals but have perennials to go into the new beds - at least it's going to rain later in the week...

The new "shady" beds  - really face south and west but tall trees around. I have planted fuschia, lilac Mme Lemoine (double white), white oriental poppies, white japanese anemones & echinacea White Swan. Also bulbs - crocus Snowbunting, brodaeia hyancinthina & allium thingymajig (cba looking up my invoice but cheap and pink).

Am hoping they'll be OK under the ash trees and laurels. Will post on their progress - promise!

Also stole some phlox, lysimachia & lemon balm from the cottage garden to move to the cut flower field - I love making new plants for free. All thugs which I will relish - the more the merrier. Looking forward to their abundance in summer.




Just finished a lovely tweeting meeting with like minded British cut flower growers.......so many tweets coming at you fast and furious....my head is in a spin, my feet don't touch the ground....think the prosecco added to the dizziness  Join us here #britishflowers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day